Friday, September 23, 2011

Fett Fetish

I don't care how crazy that title sounds, it was too good to pass up!

So anyway, in my last post, I told you about an early Christmas gift I was working on.  Before I show you the goods (at which point you'll understand the title), I'm gonna give you a little peak into my brain...scary!!

First of all, you should know, I hate keeping surprises!  Specifically from the Hubs!!  Call me pathetic, but I love sharing my day with him when he gets home.  So if I work on a project, he's the first to know...and the first to shower me with "praises" ('cause you know I can't get enough of that!!).  Usually, this makes for a fun catch up on each others day.

But since I was working on one of his Christmas gifts, I had to keep quiet.  Well, obviously that didn't work!  In my defense, I thought this project would take a lot longer than a few hours...and that I'd be working on it for weeks and weeks before it was show-ready.  So when I finished up, I couldn't keep my excitement to myself.

Ironically, this makes me the exact opposite of my sister.  It's not uncommon for her family to open up Christmas gifts weeks before, 'cause she can't stand the suspense of waiting on her presents...Well, I apparently can't help showing a gift off.  And it's true, I generally get more excited about gift giving than receiving.

So when Casey got home, I kept my mouth shut for a total of 20 min. before I had to spill the beans.  I should note, that I'm good at keeping secrets...just not surprises when it involves the Hubs!  Also, Casey actually did try to keep the surprise for me, by saying he could wait till Christmas.  But before you think him all "noble", it was mainly to drive me crazy!!

Anyway, enough suspense!  Here's what I did:
{In case you're like my mom and older sister...this is Boba Fett from the Star Wars Saga...hence the title}

And before you think my talents crazy-good, let me tell you it's not.  I by no means could do this on my own.  After finding a few images online, I set about re-creating them.  If your wondering, mine's the less pretty one on the right.

I don't usually care for copying, but since I don't plan on selling this, and I by no means could have done it on my own...I'm gonna let it slide. 

So why Boba Fett?  To put it simply, the Hubs is a huge Fett fan!  And when I was collecting art for our office (stuff to represent both of us...all of which I'll reveal in a later post), he expressed the desire to have a Fett painting, but only if I did it...talk about pressure!

So after some research and a few hours of water-color-magic...I was left with a fairly nice representation!  I was a little nervous, having not spent a lot of time with water colors, and not knowing how it would look once water was added.  I was on pens and needles for a bit there!  But it all came out really well, and I'm pleased with the result!!

 It still needs to be cut down, signed, and framed...so I'll be sure to fill you in on all the latest updates.  And in case you're wondering, Case loved it!!  Mission accomplished!!


No comments: