Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Un-blogging Life

Otherwise known as "a pathetic attempt at a catch-up"...boo!

SO....lets just say its been a while since my last post, and leave it at that.  Actually, the Hubs thought I should put that we've been "otherwise entertained" and couldn't make it to the computer....but I'm classier than that (or at least I was before revealing his idea of a joke!).  The truth is, life got BUSY.  That, and our computer and I had a war of wills. Long story short, it won quite a few battles, but I'm gonna win this war!!!

Anyhoo, I've been "blog planning" for a while now, in an attempt to structure-ize this little page into something good, and I think I've come up with a plan.

I started this blog as a journal of sorts.  A way to express all my emotions as Casey went off to Basic.  It worked out really well, and I began to venture even further in my blogging topics.  It then morphed into a catch-up on both me and Casey's life, since I was constantly bombarded with "Casey questions" whenever I left the house.  Just FYI:  I hated the "How are you doing?" and  "He'll be home in no time!" comments.

Eventually, I started adding in all my DIY projects and Home Repair updates.  Mostly to show Casey what I was up to while he was gone, but more to just take pride in a job well done!!  It became a major "love affair" in my life, and I haven't been able to quit it since Casey's been home (how taboo!)! 

Along the way, family events, random happenstances, and stupid-no-point posts found their way onto this page. Heck, I was bored with a few of those posts!

So looking back, I've realized it's a bit crazy and chaotic.  Nothing really ties in smoothly together.  And for a MAJOR neat freak, this bothers me.  Yep, I'm the gal who likes everything nice and uniform....including this little page!   So I'm making some major changes, and organizing out this bad boy!!

First of all, my  page is mainly going to revolve around a few points:
  • Art- mainly my own attempts
  • Home Repairs- this house has a long way to go before it's perfect :)
  • DIY projects- 'cause I like a new hobby/challenge!

But I plan on also adding in filler posts about:
  • Family life-you can't have a Home Repair Blog with out showing how it's used as a home!
  • Outreach projects and faith based posts- 'cause I'm building up those "treasures" in my heavenly home!!  It's a stretch, but it's going in!
  • Meals and Recipe- cause when I'm not demo-ing, I'm cooking!! 
 I'm working on a Room-Breakdown post for each room in our house, to really show you where we're going, and where we've been.  Along with some catch-up posts of my latest projects.  I'm also gonna try to add in some meals and recipes too.  In case you're wondering, I've never added these, cause I always thought the pictures turned out bad (another thing to work on I guess!).  So hopefully that's worth staying tuned in for.

As for my next post, I've got an early Christmas gift to show you, and it has to do with the art we're putting up in our office!  Speaking of my next post, my goal is to post at least 2 a week, but if I've got enough topics, I'll try to do more...pacing myself is key!

So that's the format...lets see how this works!

No comments: