Tuesday, August 17, 2010

24 hours or less

I have been dreading this day all week. Today will be the last full day I get to spend with Casey...and of course he has out-processing on base. So, while he is there, I'm pacing the house. Hopefully, he will be home soon!

Tomorrow, we will head out to the airport, and Casey will board his plane. We both decided it wasn't a good idea to have me drive home, so thankfully my awesome sister will be there for chauffeur duty. I'll need her like crazy...tomorrow I am going to be a WRECK!

The hardest part about all of this is of course the time. The limited time I have left with Casey, the enormous amount of time spent apart, and of course the worst time of all: "Night-time". I'm not sure what it is about night, that turns me into such a blubbering idiot, but I have a feeling it is only going to get worse while Casey is gone. Being alone won't be fun.

But being in a group of people won't be fun either. I'm not looking forward to going to church alone...or having to answer stupid peoples questions of "How are you?"(peachy, how do you think I am?). Or even spend time with other couples in general. The one place I think I will feel secure is with my family. After Casey, they are the greatest rock God has given me. I'll need them more than ever.

So that is just a little heads up about what's going on in our lives. I know Casey will be missed by everyone. If you haven't had a chance to say goodbye to Casey, I'm sorry. You can always tell him on facebook, but PLEASE do not call or text. Today is my day with him, and I'm sick of people interrupting my time.

Trust me, if you do...you will feel the full force of my WRATH!

No comments: