Friday, July 16, 2010

Happy Birthday Kellie!

So after my last VERY long post, I've been wondering what I should write about next. Life's been crazy around the Perkin's house, but nothing too interesting to post about...or at least it doesn't seem very interesting.

So I thought I would dedicate this post to my little sister's birthday. She turns 20 this Saturday, and we are going to have STEAK! Yum!! She has become such an amazing woman, and I love her to death. I don't know what I would do without her, especially when Casey is gone. She's the only other one who understands my humor, and has just as many inside jokes with me!!

So with that in mind, I have a great story to tell you. She'll probably kill me for doing this, but it is the best "Kellie is crazy" story ever...and it only happened a few weeks ago!!

When this took place Kellie was still living at home; Mom and I had just ran to Target; Casey was going to be off work soon; and Dad was gimped-up upstairs from his surgery. Okay, that's all the background you need to know.

Me (on my cell phone): Hello?

Kellie: Angie, where are you?

Me: Mom and I are at Target. Why?

Kellie: There's a huge spider down stairs...

Me: So? What are you calling me for?

Kellie: Can you come home and kill it?

Me: Oh, for heaven's sake Kellie, just kill it. (amid laughter)

Kellie: No! It's HUGE. I think it's going to bite me.

Me: It is not, just step on it.

Kellie: I think it's going to jump...I don't want to get that close to it.

Me: Then get a fly swatter, and whack it.

Kellie: Angie, I can't. It's TOO big...I don't want to go near it, and Dad can't come down to do anything. Will you please come home?

Me: Sorry, Kel, you're going to have to take care of it on your own. I gotta go, bye.

5 min. later-

Mom (on her phone): Hello?

(pause while Kellie speaks)

Mom: Kellie just kill it!

(another pause) (Me laughing)

Mom: Well if you won't kill it, then you better watch it until we get home. Alright? Bye.

Another 5 min. later

Kellie (on her cell phone): Hello, Casey?

You can probably guess the rest of the story. When Casey did get to my parent's house; Kellie had gone upstairs and stopped watching it, and we couldn't ever find the spider. Classic Kell-bell!!

No comments: