Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A New Direction

Sometimes life comes at you fast!

For those of you who don't know me, I've been happily married for 5 wonderful years! Through those years, my husband (CASEY) and I have made some big changes, waded some hard times, and had to put all of our faith completely in the Lord. Yes, there were days we wanted to kill each other, but over all our marriage has been a blessed one.

So when my husband was laid of Christmas of 2008, we were confident that the Lord was taking us down a new path to a bright future. A very NEAR future. But God's timing is never the same as mine. We struggled with God to find Casey a job quickly...begging for something great to just drop in our lap. It took us a while to realize that we had to given everything over to God, and be patient with his plans.

Practically a year after Casey was laid off we found him a simple security gig. The hours were crazy, the pay wasn't great, but we knew this is where God wanted us to be. At the same time, God started to put desires in our hearts for a life changing future. A future with possibilities, and changes.

Right when we started to get settled into the not-so-glamorous life of security work; God opened a new...scary door. The opportunity was with the Kansas Air National Guard. At first I was totally against it. I wanted something "less risky". But God was patient with us. He showed us both sides of the picture, promised us his blessings, and comforted our worries. Most importantly, God didn't push us through the door; he gently guided us through the maze of confusion.

So we made the leap of faith, and joined the ANG. Casey is now a fighting Jayhawk (Not to be confused with the wimpy ones from KU). He's been in it since May, and so far, God has hurdled every obstacle that comes our way.

We can't help feeling like we are finally on the right path, and are excited for what lies ahead.

That said, we are about to tackle what will be the toughest time in our marriage. Like all military personnel, Casey is required to go to Boot Camp. In his case, it will consist of 10 months away from home.

To say I'm scared is an understatement. We've never been apart more than two days, and I'm not quite sure how I will deal. Casey will be gone 41 out of the 52 weeks of the next year. That's a really long time away from home. I'm sure there will be tears...TONS of tears. And I know it will feel lonely, missing him like crazy, but through all of these emotions God is giving us strength. We feel compelled to go forward, knowing that we are fully following the Lord.

All of that said, this was why I decided to start this blog. It will be an outlet of sorts. Casey believes that if I have to look at the positive, it will keep me positive (instead of being all hum-drum & woe-is-me while he's gone).

More over, it will be a way to keep everyone posted on Casey while he's gone. *FYI* Unless you are a VERY VERY close friend or a family member, I won't really want to talk about it...it will just make me cry, and you won't want that on your conscious.

It will also be a great way to let Casey know what is going on in my life. Once he reaches tech. school, he'll be allowed computer access...and I'll be able to post tons of pictures for him to see!

For those of you who are wondering, this blog will be about ALL of our lives; not just the military. I'll probably post about every topic under the sun. So I hope you will enjoy...and I hope I can stick with it!!

Happy readings!
***If you haven't noticed, I like to use a lot of analogies. Get used to it. They're there.***

No comments: