Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Dr. Pepper Museum


Driving from Wichita to San Antonio can be a REALLY long drive. So it was nice to take a break and sight-see on the way down. Jacque and Lawrence wanted to hit up the famed Dr. Pepper Museum in Waco. And since we weren't in any hurry to get to our hotel room, my parents and I tagged along too.

Here's Mom and I in front of the Old Corner Drugstore. Although it might look like we're outside, we aren't...this was just part of the exhibit!


So like I said, an 11 hr. car ride can get pretty long. Thankfully my Mom came prepared. My parents have become pretty avid at crossword puzzles. So on the way down we challenged ourselves at a few. Not an easy task, when you aren't actually looking at the puzzle!

We totally got stumped at one of the hints: Cousin beverage to Sarsaparilla. It was 9 letters all together, starting with a "B"...and we had no clue. So when we spotted this poster at the museum, I had to take a pic!


AND here was a good contender for the answer (*SIDE NOTE* it wasn't the right answer...the real answer was Berg Beer or something):


Jacque, Dad, and Mom looking at the original water well for the factory.


And me hanging over the edge!

This was probably my favorite part of the museum. I'm not a pop drinker, so I didn't fail to see the ironic humor. Whoever was responsible for putting up this quote, Thank you. You made my day! HA!!


Had to get a picture of this...Boris Karloff root beer anyone?


One last pic of Jacque and Lawrence with their Dr. Pepper purchase in front of an old time delivery truck.


All in all it was a smooth trip down to San Antonio. We got to the hotel right before dinner, and ate at Texas Roadhouse (I know, how ironic). I ordered myself a yummy strawberry margarita with my dinner! That coupled with car-ride-exhaustion allowed me to get a pretty restful sleep. Otherwise I might have been up all night with anticipation!

No comments: