Friday, October 22, 2010

Graduation Day (Part 1)

I am SO SO SO PROUD of my husband. I can't believe all that he went through and endured, not only for us, but to better our country! Friday was an extremely special day for him. He told me the only day better, was the day we got married...AWWWWWWW!

I really wanted to get a good seat at graduation. So we headed out to the field around 6:45am. We really didn't need to. There were maybe 10 other people there before us. It was freezing out! Mom and I were smart though and brought jackets and blankets to bundle up in, but still BRRR!

We got to the stands so early that we got to watch the sun come up...

Once graduation started, I was able to spot Casey pretty quickly. Not an easy task even with binoculars. But he was standing on the end again...and I knew instantly that it was him!

I let everyone take a quick look before the ceremony started...then hogged the binoculars the whole rest of the time!

This was how far back we were from the actual flights.

And look how "cheesy-happy" he looks standing in front of the "mustang"...also the name of his flight!



This was also a pretty special day for Casey's Pappaw. 61 years ago, he too went into the Air Force. It was hard to pry them away from the field!

YES, those are Casey's skivvies! I had to have picture proof that he actually could fold his clothes!! You know, something to hang over his head if he comes back and decides to get lazy. Actually, Casey was very good at folding his clothes...his MTI's were constantly annoyed that they couldn't find a reason to yell at him!!

This picture might come as a shock to everyone. I think it was one of the first I took of him with out his hat on. He wasn't allowed outside with out it...it's just part of the uniform.

I'll try to post the rest of Friday's pictures in the next couple days. Casey was finally able to get off base, and we had a really fun time in Downtown San Antonio and the Riverwalk area. Needles to say, we took tons of pictures!!

No comments: