Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Lesson in Taping

For a while now I've been planning for some art above my sofa.  Right now the room feels drab and boring.  It needs some major punch of color. 

So yesterday I decided to tape off where I wanted the art to go.  And am I glad I did!  I had originally planned on doing the paintings this size (sorry about the existing wall art, I'm not gonna take it down till I'm ready to patch the holes, and hang the new stuff):



But after looking at it for a while, it felt too small.  I want something with high impact, to counter all the minimalism in my walls and sofa.  Also, I didn't like how the space above the paintings was practically the same size as the paintings themselves (about 3 ft each).  So I made it bigger:


Much better!!  But it still needed tweaking:


The narrower spacing feels more pulled together (pun totally intended!).  And so now I finally have the dimensions for my painting...or I should say paintings.  Add on top of that a gift card to Lowe's from my Sister for my birthday (I'm one happy lady).  Now I just need to head to the store for wood, and get crackin' on my project.

Oh, and I'm still working on my second pillow.  I finally got it all pinned up where I want it.  Photo's soon to follow.

No comments: