Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Lessons in Grocery Shopping

This last week was a first for me.  I finally went shopping on Base.  Casey had been bugging me about it for weeks, but it never seemed to work out (it's all the way across town for Heaven's sake).  And it was really hard to pull myself away from my oh-so-convenient grocery store about a mile and a half away. 

But since I was headed to the Base anyways to see the Dr. (read ALL about it in my last post), I figured it wouldn't hurt to look around at the grocery store.  Let me just say WOW, was I impressed!  The set up was great.  They had a ton of selection.  Their meat department ROCKED!  And I was able to find everything on my list without having to search (a BIG bonus for me...I hate asking for help). 

The biggest BONUS though was the price!!  Not only was the food cheaper on Base, there isn't sales tax on it either...SCORE!!  Which makes it well worth the gas and time to head all the way out there.  And since I'm so psyched about the prices, I thought I would share with you a bit of my "SCORE" worthy purchases!!


Apple Sauce:  Local Store- $2.69
                         Base- $1.79

Near East Couscous:  Local Store- $2.00
                                      Base- $1.74

Craisins: Local Store- $4.99
                Base- $2.83!!!

Dove Dark Choc.: Local Store- $3.50
                               Base- $2.99

Kashi Cereal: Local Store- $3.99
                        Base- $2.99

Laughing Cow Cheese Wedges: Local Store- $3.29
                                                       Base- $2.49

Lunch Meat (1 lb.): Local Store- $4.99
                                  Base- $2.79!!!!

Lunch Meat (9 oz.): Local Store- $3.00
                                   Base- $1.99

Easy Mac: Local Store- $3.49
                   Base- $2.50

Milk: Local Store- $3.18
          Base- $2.77

Giant Mott's Apple Juice: Local Store- $4.99
                                             Base- $2.50!!!

Naked Juice: Local Store- $3.19 or 2 for $6
                        Base- $1.85!!!

I also bought an 8 pack of the mini- bottles on sale for $2.50!!

Provolone Cheese: Local Store (Kraft 8 slices)- $3.99
                                 Base (Sargento 12 slices)- $1.99

And this was just the tip of the iceberg!!  I'm really hitting myself for waiting SO long to shop there!  This is just one more way for me to cut back on spending and save money.  I still need to find out if they accept coupons...but I'm a terrible coupon-er.

So, what are some of your "SCORE" worthy purchases?  I'd love to hear all about them!

1 comment:

Sarah :) said...

JEEEALOUS!!! Naked Juice for $1.85!?!?!? That blows my mind!!!!