Wednesday, May 18, 2011

If you know me, you know I HATE working a garage sale.  It probably has something to do with sitting out in the hot sun for hours on end, and never making any money.  So I usually just donate stuff to goodwill.  But God has been laying a burden on my heart to serve the less fortunate, and it seems like a garage sale might be the best way!!

So a few weeks back, I brought up the idea of a yard-sale-as-a-service-project to my Girls Bible Study...and miracle beyond miracle, they all LOVED the idea!!  Woo Hoo for not doing this on my own!!  We've dubbed it "Garage Sale for God"!!  The dates have already been set (June 16-18 to coincide with our local Delano District Garage Sale), and the location (My friend's house).  So all that's left is to start purging all of our junk!! 

If you're interested in helping, please message me, or check out our event on facebook.  My hope is to raise at least $300-$600 (how awesome would it be, if we could raise even more!?!).  ALL proceeds will be used to further God's kingdom (either through a charity donation or a pay-it-forward type event).  That's right, we aren't making a penny off it...we want to give that money to someone who could really use it!

So, if you're interested in contributing, we would love the help or donation!!  It's always exciting to see God take an idea, and change it into an awesome way to serve others and himself.  And that's what we're praying for this event.  So if you can't contribute, or help, please consider praying!!

No comments: