Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A year ago...

A lot has changed in the last year.  I've grown, Casey's grown, and now he's almost home!  

As you might have guessed, today marks the 1 year anniversary of Casey's enlistment into the Air Force.  I'm SO incredibly proud of him and all that he has accomplished in the last year.  And although it's been a very difficult year, I'm amazed at how wonderful and fulfilling God has made it.

Being apart hasn't been easy, but God has provided us both with refuge and comfort.  I know now why he put this path before us.  To teach us. To guide us. And to show us how to trust Him.  It's been hard, but SO SO worth it!

And now that it's coming to a close, I can't help but be excited for where God is leading us next.  Casey will be home in 8 days, and a new chapter in our lives will begin...and I'll be able to put my "living alone" days behind me (at least for a little while!).


HAPPY 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY, BABE!  

1 comment:

Jacque said...

We are so proud of both of you how you've grown and trusted God in your lives. We love you!!