Thursday, November 18, 2010

My sea of leaves

I love fall weather. I love watching the leaves turn from green to yellow, to orange, to red, then brown before falling to the ground. And usually all my trees put on a good show. But my Mulberry tree decided that it had enough with fall this year!

Usually the last to drop it's leaves, it gave up all hope last night with the plummeting temp! I woke up this morning to a half empty tree, surrounded by a sea of green. It looks like someone photo-shopped my back yard, and painted all the dead leaves green (in one huge circle)! Or perhaps like a hail storm hit...just my mulberry tree!

Either way it looks pretty comical!

The lush, green leaves look so bizarre next to all the pre-dead leaves on the ground. Now the only question is: Do I rake them, or leave them looking weird? Haha...total pun intended!

No comments: