Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My Secret Obsession

Besides Gavin Rossdale...oh how hot you were in the 90's!!!

Anyway, when Casey left for basic he left knowing that I would have TOO MUCH time on my hands (sing it if you know it...tic tic tic ticking away!) .  And he knew that inevitably I would fall back into those terrible bad habits I've always been drawn to.  He knew that I would surrender.  He knew that I wouldn't even give up a fight.  And he certainly knew that he would be hearing about it non-stop.

Just admit it, I've got your complete attention now!

So what are these so called "bad habits" of mine?  Well since I'm not into drugs, I prefer to fill my urges with designing.  On second hand, designing IS a drug!  I seriously spend my day going from room to room, remodeling EVERYTHING in my head...hashing out plans...and drawing up changes.  

I must have my daily fix...and if I don't get it, I become a beast. Sure, design blogs and home magazines help, but eventually that itch to "tear down a wall" starts creeping up again.  And I'm all too willing to submit to it's call.  The only problem is, my checkbook usually isn't...BOO!  So I pace back and forth, peddling out plans to beat my checkbook into submission...and thus get my fix.

My profession background doesn't help either.  I spend hours each day looking at houses and floor plans, and coming up with new ideas to spruce up my home.  And unlike most people who don't know what they want out of a house, I already have our future home completely drawn up.  I'm not even 25, and I know exactly how I want my future foyer to look...how sad is that!?!

All that to say, I'm kinda obsessed!  Case in point:  After spending the day drawing yesterday, I came down stairs and a new design bubble hit me. 

"What if we painted the ceiling in the second bedroom?"  

Hmm...I'm intrigued.  

"But wait,"  said the design bubble, "what if we painted a diamond grid on the ceiling?"  

Diamonds!! I'm sold!

So that's when I came up with this:



I'm thinking super light blue in a glossy-glaze kinda sheen!!!  It's not perfect...and the colors are kinda off...but I needed something to convince/bribe/sell my husband into doing it.  So can I have it Honey?  I promise to take good care of it, and love it, and admire it!!!  Please please please!!!!

So that's the story of my sad, miserable life and how uber obsessed I get with my drug designing!  More posts to come on this topic!!

No comments: