Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Slow Track

Have you ever wanted to freeze yourself (figuratively speaking) and let time pass you by?  Where you can go on undisturbed, and unnoticed.  I don't mean this in a morbid sense, I'm a pro-life kind of gal!  But maybe more like taking a long siesta...

...where you don't have to keep up appearances.

or

...answer stupid questions about your feelings.

Where, your free from the burden of waiting...and waiting...and waiting.  I won't lie, that sounds really nice to me.  To speed forward through time.  To fast forward through all the stupid/fake "smiles" I plaster on my face.  And especially, to speed past all the dumb comments people make.  

More than anything though, I'm sick of being stuck in limbo.  'Cause honestly, that's how life feels.  Waiting to go on.  Wishing for life to go on.  

And I'll admit it, I'm jealous of others.  I'm jealous of all the new/exciting changes people are making in their lives.  I'm so ready to move forward.  I'm ready for Casey to be home, and for us to get on with our lives.  But this is where God has placed me, and I need to be patient.

But when it comes to patience, I'm pretty much on "E".  I've used up my tank, and I'm seriously running on vapors.  So that's going to be my goal for this week: to observe God, and mimic His patience.

I wish I had some word of wisdom to share...or even a Rise-Above-Braveheart'esq-Speech laid out, but I don't.  Sometimes you just have to keep going on, even when life seems to crawl.

No comments: