Monday, January 17, 2011

Sincere Support

So I've been thinking about this post for a while now. When it comes to a support system, I really am blessed with great family and friends. Since the "Hubs" been gone, I have been overly looked out for, and I couldn't thank everyone enough!!

But today I want to zero in on my greatest support (or should I say 2nd greatest...'cause God Rocks!!): My Mom and Dad! Now I know there are going to be some Nay-Sayers out there, that are going to spew out the obvious: "Of course your parents are your greatest support!" or "What about me?" or "How come I'm not mentioned?"...but hear me out (either that, or quit reading my blog!).

I know I've mentioned this before, but when it comes to family...I have the BEST. My family is one of those unique breeds, where we actually enjoy spending time together. And it isn't uncommon for us to see each other every week. Not because we don't have lives (well some of us don't!), but because we genuinely LIKE spending time together! What a crazy concept!! And when it comes to the care I receive from my family, there is no difference.

My parents are there for me and Casey 200%. Let me give you some examples to explain how:

1. It's not uncommon for me to get constant questions on how Casey is doing (in fact, it's natural for people to want to know!), but for some reason, people don't generally ask how I'm doing. Now either that's because I'm around them enough to know, or because I appear to be doing fine...either way I'm not usually asked. But when it comes to my Momma, no question is off limits! She has this great gift of knowing something is bothering me (even when I can't pin-point my own annoyances!), and offering herself as a listener. In fact, my Mom usually goes out of her way to call me every week, just to catch up with me (not in a nosy way, but because she genuinely loves me...AWWW!).

2. My Dad and I have lunch every week. Again, not because we have to, but because he likes spoiling me and spending time with me. This is something he has always tried to do with us girls. Father-Daughter time!

3. When it came time for Case to come home for Christmas, my parents helped pay for the tickets. With no prompting or preambles attached, they simply wanted to GET HIM HOME! I can't tell you how much of a blessing that was (especially with Christmas being such an expensive time of year!). I didn't even ask, they offered, freely. This is saying a lot about the way my parents give: Not out of their wealth, but out of their hearts.

These are all just small examples of the way I am loved! I can honestly say that this journey Casey and I are taking would be a LOT bumpier without my parents whole-hearted support! So my challenge for you today is to discover who your greatest support is, and go give them a great big HUG!!


Oh, and a side note: I beat 'em at Scrabble again!!! OH YEAH!! I got my first 7 letter word, resulting in a staggering 74 points!!!

No comments: