Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Workin' 9 to 5

Come on...you all know the words!

Anyway, I thought today would be a great day to introduce you to some of my work. I bet a few of you out there in Blogland didn't even know that I worked! Heck, sometimes I forget too!!

I'm very fortunate to own a business that is more seasonal in nature than other companies. It gives me time to commit to other projects and family filled activities! But enough about all that...here's what I do:

I'm an artist who specializes in color renderings for residential and commercial use. Haven't heard of someone like me before? You're not alone! Most the time I'm met with confused looks when I tell people what I do. So it's so much easier showing people...then telling people!

If you're a Wichita native, then you'll know all about the Home Show that is coming up this next month (Feb.). I'll be there, helping out with my Dad's booth. He's a draftsman (so much easier to explain!), and it's because of him that I got started in the construction industry.

Nearly 10 years ago I started drawing for my Dad. Making presentations that he could present to clients. I wasn't that great back then. In fact, here is what my first few renderings looked like:

I know, major YIKES!! I usually cringe when I look back at these AWFUL photos. But I've been able to slowly perfect my skilz (that's right I just said skilz)!

So since I'm honed in on my work right now, it seemed only natural that I share some of my experience with you. These next few weeks I'll try to post some examples of the things I've learned over the years...as well as some more terrible blasts from the past!

Be prepared, some of them are doozies!

And if you're interested in a custom drawn house plan, check out my Dad's company at: www.rbdrafting.net

No comments: