Thursday, April 21, 2011

Biloxi Trip: Part 2

After spending a few days with Casey, enjoying the beach, and sight-seeing; my parents headed off.  I had a few days alone with Casey, before his parents joined up with us.  And so, while Casey was in school, the parents and I headed out to do more sight-seeing.

One of the first places we hit up was the Beaurivage Gardens in Alabama.  60+ acres of beautiful lush landscaping.  The gardens used to be a private residence, and there was a house tour, as well as garden strolls and ferry rides.  We decided to forgo the ferry ride, but definitely wanted to see the house.

It was AWESOME, but a bit pricey ($20 for garden access and house tour...per person).  And they didn't have a military discount...which generally annoys me.  But, I can't deny, I was seriously impressed with the magnitude of it all.

 Here are a few pictures of the house.  It was HUGE!!


We weren't allowed to take pictures of the inside, so this courtyard was the closest we could get.
 

And here are pics from all the gardens:







The English garden:



And the Oriental garden:





And ALL the AZALEAS!!!  They were everywhere!!!




No comments: