Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Go Figure

With all the new pillows going in the bedroom, I've been trying to keep an eye out for curtain fabric.  I planned on making the curtains myself...1. 'Cause it will give me a project. 2. 'Cause it's generally cheaper. and 3. 'Cause Standard Curtains won't fit my windows.  


That's a lot of " 'Causes" for me!!


I had been planning on a taupe, linen fabric, but wasn't really set on anything.  The biggest problem I've been facing is to find something that ties in with my bedding, walls, and accents...without being heavy or dark.  I really wanted something breezy looking.  Not to mention washable and low maintenance.  


So keep that back-story in mind.


Fast forward to today, and out I went to hit up a few local fabric stores.  The main purpose for the trip was to find fabric for my sisters, Meagan's, kitchen.  Her birthday is tomorrow, and she wants some curtains in her kitchen (since it faces the street)...and since I'm always up for a new project, I jumped at the opportunity!!

I was keeping an eye out for me too, but the main point was Meagan.  


The first place I looked (and coincidentally only place I went) was a local shop in Delano called "Material Girls Quilt Shoppe".



Wow, was it awesome!!  I usually don't care for quilt shops, especially when they only carry crappy out-dated bolts.  But "Material Girls"  has a huge selection of trendy cottons and prints...LOVE!

And since Meg wanted something washable, cotton seemed like the best bet...hence the quilting shop!

I ended up finding this print for her:

It was a perfect match for her walls and furniture in the adjoining living room.  Plus it would help lighten up her kitchen, with all the wood cabinets...score!!  So I bought a few yards, and headed off to do some other errands.

When I got home, I started looking at Meg's fabric a little more closely.  It looked awfully good next to my beddings.  And it had all the right colors in it too.  Hmmm.



So this is what happened next:


Yep, pretty sure I just found the fabric for my bedroom too...go figure.  Now I'm going to have to make another trek out to the fabric store...and pray that they have 6 more yards left...please, please, please let them have 6 more yards. 


1 comment:

Jacque said...

Love the fabric, Angie!!!