Monday, April 4, 2011

Project: Pillow 2

Spring has officially come!!  WooHoo!!  This is my favorite time of year.

Time to clean out the flower beds, throw open the windows, and get going on all my new projects...and with an old house like mine, there are ALWAYS new projects.

I've got a ton of new stuff to share with you, but I'm gonna try to spread it out some (sorry if you were hoping to read a 10 page post).  I've started working out in my yard already, so hopefully I'll have some progress to show on that front soon.  As well as some indoor updates too.

But for today, I wanted to share my latest pillow creation with you (pictured here with my smaller pillow).


This pillow was much more straight forward.  The only big task was the needle point work.  It seemed to take forever, but I'm not complaining...in fact, I really liked it.  For about a week, I made a habit of sitting down for 30 minutes or so, and stitching out another row until I was all done.  Here is a visual breakdown of that process:

 I started out by roughly tracing my design on the fabric with a white colored pencil.  Then I got to work stitching...

 And stitching...

 And stitching...

And here it was ready to be all sown up( I tucked the loose ends under for the picture).
 
 The bedroom still has a few more tweaks before it's finished, and by then, I'll probably re-do it all over again!  But for the time being, I'm pretty smitten with my new pillows!!

No comments: