Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I've been "sitting on" this post for a while

Ha! You'll get my pun-of-a-title in a second!

Good afternoon friends, fans, and family (notice how I put fans in there...as if I have any!).  I have another fun project post for you today, and its been one I've put off posting for a month.  I sometimes get caught up in all my projects, that I tend to forget to post about them on time.  But today I'm going to try and rectify that.  So here goes...

I had this ugly chair (sorry about the bad picture quality):

 Actually, Casey thought it was awesome...especially since he refinished the wood seat.  But to me, it was still UGGGGLYYY!  So last month, in a fit of inspiration I decided to spray paint it.

I started off by taping all the wood off and covering it with plastic:

Then I found a nice spot in the backyard to spray paint away.  I wanted a fun color, and since I'm trying to pull in more orange accents in my house, I decided to go bold...and I mean BOLDHere was the result:

It was at this point that I was stuck with a dilemma, I wasn't super psyched about an all-over color...it didn't feel right in my house (or for my style).  So I started sanding it down, and giving it some weathered touches.  This was the result:

  Can you see the difference?  Now it has more character and mass appeal (at least in my opinion...which incidentally is the only one that counts!!).  Here are a few more shots close up:



So there you have it, a nice, pretty re-purposed chair!!  And it only cost me a can of spray paint!!

Eventually, the chair will make it's way upstairs to be an office chair...once I get everything else put together in said office.  Speaking of which, my Dad put the finishing touches on my bookshelves this last week (way to go, DAD), so all I have to do is paint them, and they'll be ready to use!!  WAHOOO!!

No comments: