Tuesday, December 14, 2010

#14 Charlie Brown Christmas

Who doesn't remember growing up with this Christmas classic!?! I mean, come on! It's CHARLIE BROWN!!

I have to admit though, I'm not a huge Charlie Brown fan. Perhaps it has something to do with not growing up in the 50's, or being over-exposed to 80's fast-action cartoons, OR getting annoyed by all of Charlie Brown's mopping and complaining. What ever the reason, I don't always watch ALL the specials they have on TV.

BUT I do always watch the Christmas Show! Why? Because of this scene:


Truth be told, when it comes to Christmas Movies, this one really is at the top of my list. It's one of the few Christmas Movies out there that gives recognition and praise to Jesus our Savior! And that, in my book, is the most important thing about the holidays!

Oh, and I just noticed this today: Watch the clip again, and at 0:34 when Linus says "Fear Not!" he drops his security blanket!! Talk about profound meaning!

No comments: