Wednesday, December 1, 2010

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

I've been getting super excited about Christmas this year. For one thing Casey will be home, and I couldn't have asked for a better Christmas gift! I'm seriously giddy, and I'm counting down the days till he's here.

But it hasn't been all easy and exciting. At times its emotionally straining being away from Casey. Thanksgiving was great with the families, but extra hard without my hubby there. We joked later that it wasn't like we really ever spent that much time together anyways on Thanksgiving (I'm always cooking up a storm, in the kitchen, with the girls...and Casey is always hiding somewhere, "pretending" to take a nap so he can get out of dishes!). But still, I missed having him there.

I made it through, though (Thank you, JESUS!!), and now I can get ready for Christmas WITH Casey. The Christmas decorations are all up (minus the outside lights...Hint Hint to all males in my family!) And I'm almost completely done with Christmas gifts.

I decided I was going to get creative with some of our Christmas gifts this year. Partly, because plane tickets are expensive; and partly, because I needed a project. So here is a sneak peak at what I've been working on. I very much doubt you'll be able to figure it out from this picture...but have fun trying. I'm not even going to say who it's for. MWAHAHAHA!!
I'll try to post pictures soon from Thanksgiving. There pretty much all of Maddox! He's starting to smile ALL the time now, and I couldn't resist taking more pictures!

No comments: